Monday, June 6, 2011

The Washing of the Bibs

I put my insulated bib overalls in the wash on June 1.  I also stored my bucket with two sets of tire chains and the tub with pacs, bib overalls, wool, coat, wool cap, and insulated gloves that I keep in the pickup for more than half the year.  This is a real leap of faith that I won’t need any of them for awhile.  In fact, I had worn the bib overalls a few times yet in the latter part of May.
These heavy bibs are an important part of my wardrobe.  I wear them regularly, and have for the last twenty years.  That was a major change from the first twenty years of my cowboy life when I wore wool underwear instead.  http://www.montanacowboycollege.com/woolunderwear.htm

But wool underwear are hard to find these days, and the bib overalls have the advantage of keeping your clothes clean, and of being able to add or subtract a jacket or coat to regulate temperature.  When you come in the house you can peel off the bibs and be both clean and comfortable.
And thus comes progress – even to an old cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment